Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning at 37 years old is putting up Madden NFL 25 like numbers so far this season, so why not have EA Sports, makers of Madden NFL 25 simulate the week 6 match up between The Broncos and the hapless Jacksonville Jaguars?
That’s exactly what EA Sports has done.
First check out the “Sheriff’s” numbers in the first five games this season in which his team is 5-0. Peyton has completed 75.8% of his passes (150 for 198) for 1,884 yards, 20 touchdowns (one of which was VERY Madden 25ish – Manning’s naked bootleg last week vs Dallas). He’s averaging 9.5 yards per pass, 376.8 yards per game, and is sporting a robotic 136.4 QB rating.
What about those Jaguars who can’t fill their stadium no matter what promotion they throw at their fans! In the Jags first five games in which they are 0-5, they’ve managed to score a dismal 51 points while surrendering 163. The Broncos scored 51 POINTS ALONE last week in their victory over the Cowboys. Not to mention Jacksonville will be without starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert, and their 2013 number one draft pick – offensive lineman Luke Joekel.
Things could get ugly fast come “Sunday Funday” at Mile High. So ugly that odds makers in Sin City have placed 28 points on the Jags…the biggest spread EVER in an NFL game. The previous record of 24 was in 1976 when the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers took on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (an expansion franchise). The Steelers more than covered, winning 42-0.
Madden 25 predicts a 41-10 win for the Broncos, with Manning set to go 32-of-39 for 392 yards and four touchdowns. In the simulation (that runs in real-time) Denver opens up with a 38-3 lead. Midway through the third quarter Jacksonville converts a consolation touchdown, still covering the spread.
Before running to the closest casino or calling up your favorite bookie, keep in mind Jacksonville’s recent record against Denver, includes three straight victories 2007, 2008 and 2010. That was before the Sherriff moved to Denver, and before when the Jags replaced a “roar” for a “meow.”
Madden previous Super Bowl simulation results since 2004…only snafus were in 2008 and 2011
- 2004 Patriots 23, Panthers 20 (Actual score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29)
- 2005 Patriots 47, Eagles 31 (Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21)
- 2006 Steelers 24, Seahawks 19 (Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10)
- 2007 Colts 38, Bears 27 (Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17)
- 2008 Patriots 38, Giants 30 (Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14)
- 2009 Steelers 28, Cardinals 24 (Actual score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23)
- 2010 Saints 35, Colts 31 (Actual score: Saints 31, Colts 17)
- 2011 Steelers 24, Packers 20 (Actual score: Packers 31, Steelers 25)
- 2012 Giants 27, Patriots 24 (Actual score: Giants 21, Patriots 17)
- 2013 Ravens 27, 49ers 24 (Actual score: Ravens 34, 49ers 31)
Just remember on any given Sunday, any team can beat any team…EXCEPT this Sunday in Jacksonville!